cisco 2900, ISR
Overview and Features of the Cisco 2900 Series ISRs
The Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Service Routers (ISR) are designed for small to medium enterprises that require flexible and secure collaboration capabilities. The series provides agile application services and high performance connectivity in WAN environments.
There are four router models in the 2900 series: 2901, 2911, 2921 and 2951. Their modular design offers increased bandwidth capacity and network resiliency. The platforms support the industry’s widest range of both wired and wireless connectivity options, including T1/E1, xDSL, copper and fiber GE connections.
Key Features of the Cisco 2900 Series
The key features of the 2900 series ISRs are embedded hardware encryption acceleration, DSP slots for voice and video, intrusion prevention and optional firewall. Safe access and collaboration is available for up to 150 users over a highly secure connection. Other important features of the series include:
- Call processing and voicemail enabled through DSP
- Services-Ready Engine for on demand service deployment
- Concurrent services enabled up to 75 Mbps
- Secure VPN support for Group Encrypted Transport VPN, Dynamic Mulitipoint VPN or Enhanced Easy VPN
- Protection against downtime and operations loss with 3G backup WAN access, diagnostics, backup power and failover capabilities
- Built in defense against malicious attacks and threats
2900 Series Performance and Use
The Cisco 2900 series performs a variety of communications and collaboration tasks through MediaNet video architecture and Unified Communication enterprise solutions. The 2900 ISRs also offer businesses manageability tools through SMNP and syslog capabilities. Useful management features include:
- IP SLA for gathering network performance data
- Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager (EEM) to enable real-time network event detection, automation and network device behavior control
- NetFlow traffic analysis
The 2900 series includes available EtherSwitch modules that enable further control through integrated switching and routing capabilities. Security is enhanced through identity management features such as AAA and PKI.
Cisco 2900 ISRs for Businesses
Cisco 2900 series ISRs meet the application needs of small to medium branches and provide highly secure collaboration for business users. The flexibility and excellent performance of the 2900 series offers enterprises excellent solutions for connectivity.